Friday, July 19, 2013

For Time and All Eternity

For Time and All Eternity

Today is dedicated to my wonderful companion's amazing sister! She's getting hitched! And as this is about as close as we can get to her wedding, instead of racing to catch the bouquet, we will be blogging about marriage:)

In “The Family: A Proclamation to the World,” the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles proclaim that “marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children.” As I've gotten older I've realized that Heavenly Father has given everyone the nature to be a parent. It is a commandment of God! The most important thing that we can do to build the kingdom of God is to be loving parents to the children that we raise. And children are only to be brought into this world when a man and a woman are lawfully wedded. If you haven't read the "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" you should! It's incredible and has so much inspiration from God about families.

My mission president's wife recently talked to us about this. She told us "marry someone that loves God more than you!" I was confused at that at first, because I selfishly wanted my future husband to love me and only me, but as I pondered this I realized she was 100% right. Helaman 5: 12 says
 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." A spouse that loves God more than you, is living by this scripture. Marriage is like a triangle with God at the top, and you and your spouse on opposite sides. The closer you get to your Father, the closer you two become.


Of course this all begins in the temple. When a couple is married here, they are setting their family directly on the path that leads them to heaven. The blessings that come from being sealed in the temple are unfathomable. They never end! They won't guarantee that you'll never fight about money, or the dog, or whether or not to sell the kids, but marriage in the temple is ESSENTIAL in order to live, as families, in the celestial kingdom. Don't settle with "till death do you part". Your children deserve "for time and all eternity".

I'm sorry this is so long, but you had some picture breaks along the way right? I'm so grateful that my parents were married in the temple. They've been such an amazing example to me in their marriage. I'm excited for the day that I can be sealed to my future family and eventually live with them in God's presence.

http://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation

No comments:

Post a Comment