Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Joseph Smith



I've always loved this picture. Joseph's blue eyes show how deeply he cared about his calling as the first prophe of the restored church. This blog's title is from Albus Dumbledore's quote (excuse the Harry Potter fanaticism) "There are all kinds of courage". Joseph Smith is one of the first people that comes to my mind when I think of the word "courage". Like Paul, he had seen a vision and he could not deny it. Despite the mocking, violence, and contsant state of uncertainty that he and his family had to live in, he still remained faithful. He knew that the Lord would take care of him if he obeyed and remained faithful. I'm so grateful for the courage that he showed because now I have the knowledge that I can be with my family and Heavenly Father forever.

Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."


No comments:

Post a Comment